IES is currently undergoing a period of expansion and as a result, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to help maintain and develop our strong position within the market place. Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer, you will be responsible for creating electrical control system design packages which meet client, company, and regulatory requirements. You will create control system design drawings and documentation for bespoke and refurbishment projects within a broad range of different industries and processes.
You will have a strong background in the successful delivery of electrical and control system integration, within one or more of the industries listed above. This should include experience and qualifications for the design of PLC / SCADA based hardware, process instrumentation and safety control systems. Health and safety experience is essential, including an understanding of designer’s duties under CDM 2015 regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• 5+ years process and/or controls/automation design experience.
• HNC/HND (or equivalent) in electrical / control systems engineering.
• Able to design control panels / motor control centres using AutoCAD or EPLAN software.
• Able to design PLC hardware and network interfaces.
• Able to select instrumentation for process design.
• Able to interpret P&ID drawings and provide technical recommendations.
• Ability to work to client specifications and provide value engineered solutions.
• Can apply the relevant standards and directives relating to electrical design.
• Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office software packages.
• Full UK driving license
• Wide spread experience of Siemens and Rockwell platforms applied to Industry sectors including Aggregates, Power generation, Chemical, Food and Beverage and Manufacturing.
• Degree in engineering or equivalent in process / electrical engineering.
• Design knowledge for Hazardous Area Installations.
• Salary £30k – £40k, depending on previous experience and qualifications.
• 25 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus all bank holidays.
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday – 9am – 4.30 pm
How to apply:
Please send your C.V. and covering letter via email to:
Industrial Electrical Services (IES) Ltd